Ready to make soup in a jar! It reminds me of a healthy version of packaged Noodle soup. This is perfect to take-to-work or just an easy go-to anytime or a nice treat to give a sick friend….
I played around with this and now I change it up every time I make it, adding veggies or more peanut butter or chili peppers, it’s the kind of recipe you can tailor to your likes or dislikes. This is a loose start/base recipe, you need to adjust it as you add or take away things. Make it your own ….
- 3 oz shredded chicken breast
- 1 tsp (or more) fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (or more, some like it hot!) crushed chili peppers
- 2 green onions sliced (I have used red onion, still yummy)
- 1/2 cube or 1/2 tsp of chicken broth mix (the more veggies you add the more broth you will want to add)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp organic peanut butter not the sugar packed crap(I love crunchy)
- 1 tbsp of sweet chili Thai sauce
- vermicelli rice noodles
- diced carrots cooked a little bit, still a tad on the crunchy side*
- diced red pepper*
- * I add one or two of these or none, depends on my mood and what I have on hand…
What to do with above ingredients…
In a mason jar, (I started with a small one but as I added more veggies I found I needed to use a larger one), layer the yumminess in starting with the sweet chili sauce, peanut butter, and broth, remember if you are adding more veggies you need to add more flavoring (remember this is a base recipe you need to adjust it) Next add in the chicken, veggies, ginger, crushed chili peppers, and last the noodles.
I don’t measure the noodles out as it depends on the ratio of other stuff I have added. BUT I do break them into smaller pieces, anyone who has worked with these noodle know what a bloody mess they make so I do it over or in the jar, in the kitchen sink! Seal your jar and refrigerate.
Next, when you are ready to ingest this deliciousness, add boiling water (careful not to burn yourself) stir or shake really well, replace the lid and sit for 2-3 minutes. Stir or shake again and stuff your pie hole!
It can’t get much easier and you can’t really mess this up!